To begin with, the residents and motorists of Alabama are statistically more at risk of being involved in a car accident than the average American citizen throughout their lifetimes.
In fact, numbers published by the very reputable Center for Advanced Public Safety shows that an Alabama resident’s odds of being involved in a car accident which results serious or even life threatening injuries are greater than 1 in 3. Alabamians enjoy low taxes but that should not equal to terrible driving. Take it easy over there!
To put the above into perspective, it basically means that anyone who routinely operates a motor vehicle on the public roads of Alabama has more or less a 98% chance of being involved in a motor accident. The last time we checked, 98% was almost a certainty.
If that did not drive the point home, here is some more car accident statistics which illustrates just how common car accidents are in Alabama and how many people are victimized by them.
- In 2012 alone, 870 persons died as a result of auto accidents that occurred on the streets and highways of Alabama.
- On average, there is a car accident once in every 246 seconds in Alabama.
- One Alabama resident is injured as a consequence of a vehicle accident every 13 minutes.
- One Alabama resident loses his or her life in an accident every ten hours.
These numbers, needless to say, are shocking. However, this is only half the story. What we really want to shed light on is the fact that the majority of these accidents are a result of negligence and human error. In fact, the top ten causes for accidents include, but are not limited to things such as failure to yield, tailgating, misjudging the distance, DUIs, over speeding, not maintaining lane, and so on.
It should be very clear by now, but just to reiterate – negligence on Alabama roads kills close to a thousand people every year. It is very unfair that a victim has to suffer losses, injuries or even death as a result of someone else’s negligence and this is precisely why the state law in Alabama allows for such victims to file a civil lawsuit wherein they can seek damages and receive compensatory awards.
Why do you need a legal professional?
Filing a civil lawsuit, proving fault, and winning your case and thus the damages that you seek are easier said than done. The legal procedure is exhaustive and it most certainly requires acumen and focus.
The truth of the matter is that you are not going to get very far without legal representation. An Alabama car accident lawyer will:
- Gather evidence required to prove your case
- Summon experts to testify on your behalf
- Use demand letters and negotiation techniques effectively to further strengthen your case and perhaps settle it in your favor
- Package all of this into a flawless presentation and unveil in front of a civil court judge in a manner which is as irrefutable as possible and concrete
If you’ve suffered damages due to someone else’s negligence, it is time you picked up the phone and booked an appointment with one of our elite Alabama car accident lawyers on the stellar website known as USAttorneys.com which saves lives every week. You can use the interactive map to just this! Legal help is right around the virtual corner!
Any issues? Contact us via the convenient contact form on our site and we get back to you inside a couple of hours.