If you are involved in a car accident or if you know someone who has been involved in such an accident, then you ought to be aware that you could be eligible to collect compensation in the form of money from any or all the liable parties in the case.
However, in order to win this money and to be able to put yourself back on track and make up for lost time, will need to file a civil lawsuit and then prove your claim in front o f a judge or a jury. Having a profound California car accident lawyer, who can be found via USAttorneys.com which is a website that helps people see the light of day in they are in their darkest moments, represent you in the case is crucial to be able to win such a civil lawsuit.
As a plaintiff, the burden of proof is upon you. What that means is that you are responsible to prove the lawsuit and all of the claims within it. Remember, all the parties you list as defendants in the case will be deemed innocent and not liable until you are able to successfully prove otherwise.
So what does it take to prove a civil car accident lawsuit? Well, there are many factors to consider, but one of the most important things that need special attention is evidence. Evidence is paramount; nothing you say will be taken at face value by a judge or a jury. They will only believe things based on whether or not there exists any supporting evidence.
Therefore, it is critical to gather evidence for your car accident case and present the evidence in a manner which is impeccable and irrefutable. Only one of our fantastic legal counselors will be able to assist you in both regards. Contact us via the website highlighted above and we will connect you with an attorney who will make every effort to ensure that you receive compensatory damages without fail.
What you need to do after being involved in a car accident in California?
Most of the evidence in a car accident is readily available right after the auto accident occurs. Therefore, if you are able to collect this evidence, it can significantly increase the chances of filing a successful accident claim.
- Safety first – The number one thing to do right after an auto accident is to ensure your safety and those of others around you. Is there any imminent danger? Do you or someone else require medical attention? Seeking medical attention should be your number one priority.
- Take pictures – Use your smart phone to take pictures of the debris, the vehicles involved, the car accident site and also all of the registration plates of all the vehicles involved. You may have to be quick with this since the other driver/s could be hostile. Make use of your smart phone, put that camera to work. Take notes with it if you can. And do not put these pictures on your Facebook or Instagram/Pinterest page either!
- Record testimonies – Use the video camera on your smart phone to record any statements that a witness or someone involved in an accident is willing to make. Also take down all of the personal information of everyone involved in the car accident.
- Badge details of law enforcement officer – Make sure to note the badge numbers of all responding law enforcement officers. In addition, remember that you do not have to answer any of their questions. You may politely refuse to do so by simply stating that you are uncomfortable answering any questions without your car accident lawyer being present. Remember that anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law.
- USAttorneys.com – The one thing you need now is a judicious legal representative by your side, make it happen! Our user friendly digital map is spectacular (you can use this to contact auto accident legal pros directly) and you can contact us through our contact page if you have any issues. We will call you back in no time!