A car accident will not only result in personal injuries, but it could have several other undesired consequences which could include, but is not limited to property damage, wrongful death, and non-economic damages such as mental anguish, trauma, pain and suffering, etc.
It is unfair if someone has to suffer from the above mentioned damages because of no fault of their own but someone else’s fault or negligence. This is why the state laws of Colorado allow for you to file a civil lawsuit and if successful, receive the compensation that is designated for you.
However, representing yourself in such a lawsuit is not feasible since you won’t be able to get very far at all. It is one thing actually being able to file a lawsuit, but it requires expertise, dedication, tact, and a thorough comprehension of the laws in order to prove the claims within the lawsuit.
Therefore, the biggest favor you can do yourself as the victim of a negligently caused car accident would be to connect with one of our very own Colorado car accident legal pros as soon as possible which can be done using the inspiring and breathtaking virtual tool known as USAttorneys.com. You want to use this website before you sign any paperwork with any insurance company.
Do not sell yourself short! Your case is worth far more than what they say it is! Who cares if they are offering enough for you to buy a new F-150? Do you have enough money for auto insurance? How about your medical bills? Missed time at work? You do not even know the extent of your injuries yet! Trauma you have experienced and so on?
Remember that in the state of Colorado, like in most other states, there exists a statute of limitations which dictates how much time you have after an auto accident to file a civil lawsuit. Once that deadline is reached, you will no longer be able to file a lawsuit pertaining to the car accident. This is precisely why it is imperative to schedule a consultation with a top legal professional without any more lollygagging and work with him or her to ensure the best possible outcome for your car accident case.
What to do after being involved in a car accident in Colorado?
Evidence plays a pivotal role in civil lawsuits premised around car accidents. If you are to prove a car accident case in trial then you most certainly will need all the evidence you can get. As per some of our legal professionals, the majority of evidence is readily available for collection right after the car accident itself. Therefore, it would be prudent to do the following things in order to strengthen your case.
- Pictures – Take pictures of the accident site, the debris, and ensure to get registration plate details of all vehicles involved. If you can take pictures of the other participants that would be wise too but be careful that could upset them. Put your smart phone to work and do not post any of these pictures on your social media pages.
- Record testimonies – If anyone involved in the car accident or if any witness is willing to make any testimony, use your video camera app to record it if you have such a thing.
- Personal details – Note the full names, addresses, and contact numbers of everyone involved.
- Officer badge details – Note the badge details of all law enforcement officers who responded to the call.
- Contact us promptly via the aforementioned website – Most importantly, use our site to find the legal help you need; you can find attorneys to call up using our poignant interactive map. This is crucial. If you have any issues, contact us using the contact form (we will call you back very soon after that)! Legal help is right around the digital corner!